Thursday, March 24, 2016

Magazine Cover


So I decided to do a magazine cover about my roommates and I. I used the original In Touch Magazine layout but added "with West Cass" since that is our old street name. I used the $19.05 amount because that number is what people refer to us as "1905", as a group. I used all headlines for each roommate as the total opposite of what's going on in their lives. Brittany is moving home to New York for her boyfriend and is leaving her job here in Tampa. Maya is a workout fanatic and would never give up working out or "lifting". Sam has been dating her boyfriend for 4 years and he would never say no to formal. Abby is obsessed with her nephew and can't not bring him up every minute so I said she was charged with kidnapping him as a joke. Our lease is ending and myself and Brittany are moving back to New York so we don't know what is next for all of us. As for using photoshop, I absolutely loved it. I'm familiar with the program because I use it for work but I had a lot of fun mimicking an actual magazine cover. The biggest trouble I came across was getting the banner across Brittany's bubble to have the same edges as the circle because it was originally a rectangle. I just used the eclipse and inverted the image and used the eraser to erase around the edges to make it round. This was my favorite project thus far. Enjoy! Below are my original images.



No comments:

Post a Comment